Our gorgeously moist Jamaican banana crumb muffins are beloved by our adult and child guests alike. We know that no one enjoys holding a sticky cake on a hot, humid day but it’s a different story when we bring out our banana crumb muffins…. They make the perfect cake to take on an afternoon picnic as well as a light brunch treat for those who are rather fond of bananas in any form.
Jamaican Banana Muffins
Our famous Jamaican banana crumb muffins with a hint of cinnamon are beautifully moist and loved by young and old
Author: Barbara Walker
Recipe type: Dessert
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp plain/all purpose flour for the topping
- 1½ cups plain/all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 3 mashed bananas
- Preheat the oven to 190 C or 375 F
- Grease 10 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl mix together, baking soda, baking powder, flour and salt.
- Take a separate bowl and beat together egg, banana and melted butter.
- Combine the two mixtures of banana and flour until they have blended well.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups.
- Take a small bowl and mix 2 tablespoons of flour along with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Blend in one tablespoon of butter and mix, until the mixture becomes coarse.
- Sprinkle this over the muffin batter.
- Put the muffin cups into preheated oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- The muffin is ready when a toothpick is inserted in the center and it comes out clean.