As we continue our dedication of prioritizing the health, safety and wellbeing of our guests and our team, we have had to close our doors until early October 2020. We will inform you as soon as we have any updates.
We want to assure you that in times of uncertainty surrounding travel, your safety and wellbeing remains our highest priority. We understand that you may be questioning your travel plans given the rapidly changing information on the Coronavirus, along with the uncertain travel restrictions. Please know that we are monitoring developments very closely, keeping those who are affected in our hearts and listening carefully to the questions and concerns of our guests.
Thank you for understanding the situation which is constantly changing.
We understand that travel and dining are amongst the greatest pleasures in life. While this may be uncertain times for all of us, you have our commitment that we will do our best in providing the best hospitality experience while keeping focused on the wellbeing of our guests and team members.
We are eager to reopen and welcome you and are therefore sharing information about measures we are undertaking. We are currently preparing and training our team with regards to comprehensive COVID-19 compliance. We are guided by the Ministry of Health in proper protocols and healthy practices. As such, and in line with general public health guidance, we have implemented enhanced health safety protocols. Below are the measures we have put in place to ensure everyone’s safety and wellbeing:
Cleaning & Sanitation: We have adopted all the standard recommendations and following the authority’s regulations to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses, which include hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices.
- The frequency of cleaning and disinfection of public areas is increased and the guest room cleaning procedures elevated to include thorough sanitization. Additional checks will be put in place within public bathrooms to ensure adequate soap supplies.
- Alcohol based hand sanitizers are provided in public and back of the house areas for guests and hotel team use.
- We have installed additional facilities to facilitate regular hand washing.
- All our team members are adhering to the latest guidance and hygiene protocols.
TIMES ARE CHANGING AND SO ARE WE: Other measures being undertaken
- No written material such as magazines, guide books etc. will be placed in the rooms. Instead you can avail of our online concierge service. At the time of confirming your reservation, we will send the link to our free travel App to help you plan and prepare for your vacation with us. You can safely access a lot of interesting, helpful information on your mobile devices.
- We will offer you an online check-in prior to your arrival, at which time, you will also receive the link to our online Guest information folder.
- Keys will be disinfected and provided in a sealed envelope. A drop off bowl will be provided at reception to leave your keys when you go out. These will be disinfected daily and prepared for you as on arrival.
- Bags will not be carried to your room any longer (only on request and then sanitized prior to carrying them).
- The complimentary beach shuttle will no longer be offered.
- We have amended our menus and service practices in the restaurant in the interest of providing safe service and environment and minimizing physical contact by taking orders in advance.
- While there will still be a daily changing menu for dinner, the selection will be limited. Generally speaking we will offer limited menu options along the lines of a Menu d’jour. We have removed the bar stools from the bar counter. You will be served at table or the other seating arrangements.
- Food safety guidelines are being followed and monitored. The restaurant opening hours have been revised in consideration of enabling sufficient time for the additional sanitization requirements as well as safe transportation home for our team members. Dinner service will be from 6.00 pm and the last seating at 8.00 pm. The restaurant and bar will close at 9.00 pm. Guests may take their last drinks order with them to their room.
- We request our guests to please advise us the evening before when they would like to come to breakfast the next morning. We will then prepare and place your food and beverage freshly prepared on your table to welcome you at the scheduled time.
- Reservations for dinner are to be made the evening before and the menu selected at breakfast time from the daily changing menu.
- Guests are requested to wait at the restaurant or bar entrance to be seated.
Everyone is requested to observe the following for the greater public good. Let us take care of each other. It takes a village to be successful in a global effort. COVID-19 has highlighted that we are all in this together.
Let us inspire each other to be as considerate as possible and stick together and create positivity wherever we can. Let’s keep an eye out for good! This virus is contagious, but so is kindness and consideration. Let’s spread these qualities as best as we can!
- In the interest of everyone’s wellbeing, we will desist from shaking hands. We will welcome you with a wave or a “Namaste” or some other safe form.
- Hotel staff have been provided with face masks. Guests are requested to please bring their own supply of face masks.
- Guests are also requested to bring their own water bottles or thermos, snorkeling equipment and (for stays of 3 nights and less) beach towels as well as being encouraged to bring their own pens for signing guest checks etc.
- In order to protect everyone, we request the adherence of all persons (staff and guests) to wear face masks in all public areas.
- Guests are requested to wear their masks when entering the hotel and are requested to only remove their masks once seated at table when dining. Please keep the masks on when walking into and out of the restaurant.
- Maintain physical distance of at least 1.5 meters from the next person (or 2 umbrellas apart ☂️ ☂️ 😊).
- Given the size of our check-out area, only one person is permitted to check out or come to the reception area to pay at a given time. We would appreciate being informed in advance of the requested departure time, so that we can everything prepared for you to facilitate a quick check-out.
Working with a team that demonstrates commitment and strength every day makes us face these challenging times with hope and courage.
Mockingbird Hill is committed to welcoming our guests with personalized service and utmost care. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when you stay with us. We thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you to a wonderful experience – albeit slightly different as in the past.
Stay Safe, Stay Well.